Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical technology
Institute of Pharmacy
Nooruse 1, 50411 Tartu, ESTONIA
urve.paaver [ät] ut.ee
Phone: +372 737 5282
Short Curriculum Vitae
Dr. U. Paaver is a full-time Associate professor of Pharmaceutical technology and Programme Director of Continuing Education in Pharmacy.
U. Paaver obtained her first MSc (Pharm) degree in 1981 in Tartu State University (Estonia, previously U.S.S.R.) and she received her second master degree in 2006 (Org. chem.) at the University of Tartu (UT, Estonia). She completed her PhD at the University of Tartu in 2015 entitled: “New perspectives for the amorphization and physical stabilization of poorly water-soluble drugs and understanding their dissolution behavior“.
She received Docentship in Pharmaceutical technology at the University of Tartu in 2018 and works since then as Associate Professor in Pharmaceutical Technology. Since 2016 U. Paaver has been acting as Programme Director of Continuing Education in Pharmacy.
U. Paaver belongs to the research group of Prof. Heinämäki and she works in the area of the design and quality assessment of multifunctional nanomedicines, solid state properties of pharmaceuticals and their modification possibilities, and the functionality related characteristics of excipients for pharmaceutical dosage forms.
Participation in a research project
- Multifunctional nanomedicines – design and quality assessment (2015-2020) (grant holder Prof. J. Heinämäki)
- Mett sisaldava salvi ja/või geeli prototüübi väljatöötamine (Development of a prototype of an ointment and/or gel containing honey) (LMVFA18460, grant holder/principal investigator, 2018)
U Paaver is a principal coordinator/lecturer for MSc level courses “Pharmaceutical excipients” 5 ETCS, “Pharmaceutical technology” 22 ETCS and lecturer for MSc level course “Pharmacognosy II” 7 ETCS.
To date, Dr. Paaver has authored or co-authored 13 original peer-reviewed scientific articles in international (category 1.1.) journals, and over 135 abstracts in domestic and international conference proceedings.
U. Paaver had honours & awards
- 2018, Scholarship of good teaching
- 2018, UT Badge of distinction
- 2017, Teacher of the year 2017 in faculty of medicine, University of Tartu, in the field of Pharmacy
More detailed CV and Publications in ETIS.